Sunday 2 February 2014

Weekend - banana pancakes


Every time I see a banana pancake recipe I can't help but hear jack Johnson's "banana pancakes" song in my head. We love having big breakfasts on the weekends with pancakes and scrambled eggs, but since starting simply filling I've been missing out on the pancakes (I could count points of course if I wanted to). My friend passed on a basic banana pancake recipe that had just 1 banana and 2 eggs blended up. I added vanilla and cinnamon and they weren't bad, almost like a French toast taste to them. If you are trying to do no grain, these are going to be a staple breakfast for you!

Enter in my Pinterest addiction, and I found a different recipe on there that sounded a little more on the pancake side than the previous recipe. I followed it  pretty much to a T, so I will link it up below. I did add a splash of vanilla and it was definitely yummy. Also, I blended the oats first so they were flour like then added everything else. Some people argue that uncooked oats are not a power food but since I was going to cook them (and only eat these maybe once a week if that) I decided it was ok. If not, you can count the points for the oatmeal. I had a bit of troubles finding the right temperature to cook them so mine ended up darker than I wanted, but they were still tastey! I served with a bit of fat free frozen cool whip as a treat. 

http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/04/oatmeal-cottage-cheese-banana-pancakes-high-in-protein-gluten-free/

No comments:

Post a Comment