Thursday 26 September 2013

Constant battle - butternut squash soup

Weight loss is my constant battle. The last few weeks between a bunch of eating out and a sick baby (and momma) I have not been focusing on weight watchers. I've been going to the meetings, which I know have been keeping me from completely going over the deep end. This weeks meeting topic really stuck with me, I guess because at its core it exploited that "what will everyone think" fear. I'm not usually one to care what others think, but lets be honest...I'm human. I DO want others to think good things about me. I've always loved cooking and experimenting, so when my leader posed the question,"how would you feeling you had been secretly filmed on your food choices for the last 12 week?" It really hit me. Proud, for some of it, but ashamed for much of it. Not just that I wasn't eating within my points, but that I really wasn't -enjoying- my food. Not excited, just...blech. 

So, once again, back at it. I wanted to use squash some how since it is in season, and what better way to use it now that it is finally getting cool outside than to make a soup! I pretty much followed the link below but switched oil for cooking spray, and I doubled the recipe and used 4 cups water and 4 cups chicken stock (what is in one of those tetra packs). Any squash that didn't fit in the pan in the water I baked on a baking sheet on the side (peeled and sliced) and that seemed to work ok). It has a nice bit of kick from the ginger which is perfect for battling a cold, which I'm currently doing. I ate it with a dollop of low fat sour cream (do fat free if you are on simply filling!). I count this as 0 pp (just veggies and stock!) and it is simply filling! Enjoy! 



https://www.google.ca/search?q=butternut+squash+soup&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

No comments:

Post a Comment