Sunday 5 January 2014

New Years - catching up - tomato soup

Lets just say weight watchers didn't really exist in my world during the holidays. And I gained. So I, like millions of others vowed to be better in the new year. Such a cliche but it's the truth. 

A while back I made this soup and I was busy getting ready for the holidays so I didn't have a chance to blog about it. I was babysitting my 3 year old niece, and I didn't have much in my house that I knew she would eat. I remembered pinning a recipe on pinterest to try so I gathered my ingredients and got to work while she buttered her bread and put together her grilled cheese sandwich (gotta start learning somewhere!). I followed this recipe pretty much exactly so I will link it here: http://rainydaygal.com/2010/09/06/homemade-staple-tomato-soup/  

 I quite enjoyed the taste but I will say my niece did not. Although I'm not sure she would even eat regular tomato soup! I will note that, like many of the commenters, I also had my milk curdle a bit and in retrospect I maybe should have heated the soup then added the milk right at the end. I might try that next time. I figure the sugar is countable, or you could try a sweetener of your choice, otherwise the other ingredients can be simply filling. Happy New Years resolutions everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment