Monday 15 July 2013

Back in cell service - breakfast bush pies

We are back from the lake for laundry and a visit with friends, but I wanted to make a quick post before we went out of cell range on our way back. 

I will admit I've fallen off the wagon. I really didn't plan good enough before we left and I fell into the "only one marshmallow" trap. I decided not to worry about it and just eat as healthy as I can until I can prepare my own food. 

But, I do have a yummy simply filling breakfast for over the fire! It happened early in the week when I had more resolve. 

Ingredients: 
Pam spray OR oil
Weight watchers bread 
Fat free deli ham
Eggs
Optional: fat free cheese (not pictured) 

Tools: 
Campfire 
Bush pie iron (this is the name locally, but I've heard they go by various names)

Spray both sides of iron with oil or Pam. Place a piece of bread on each side. 


Notice I pressed the bread down a bit for the egg, and I put that part on the bottom. Both of these steps will help keep your egg from spilling out. Place ham and bread over this bottom layer and close the iron. 

Cook over the campfire, making sure to flip so both sides get golden brown. 

Yum. I had 2! Simply filling, and would work out to be approximately 5-6 pp (1-2 oz of meat). I can't have cheese (dairy), otherwise I would have added a fat free cheese slice! 

Back to the lake! Better post before I'm out if range! 

No comments:

Post a Comment